While working on recursions I noticed how familiar some of the patterns appeared. When I was in grade 10 my math teacher showed us a few cool things about fractals. I remember a video of infinite zooming into the same pattern over and over and over. That is also apparently how snowflakes are. If we can look at one under a microscope we can possibly see that the pattern repeats itself on each of its tips. Now I can't wait for winter to come and see the beauty of snow.
Another holiday thing I wonder about is the light shows some houses in the suburbs put on closer to Christmas. How do they make certain lights turn on and off at certain times (sometimes in sync to music)? I feel like there must be something like programming involved...
On a separate note, I read somewhere that androids are dominating the smartphone market. Smartphones are technically really small computers, aren't they? I mean, if I don't have my laptop with me my phone can do most of the things I need... Plus calling and texting.
Speaking of touch screens... Would anyone prefer a computer with that ability? I feel like my laptop screen is too far to reach while my hands are conveniently placed at my keyboard and it leave ugly oily fingerprints all over. Personally I think I'll stick with my macbook. The battery life of the air is absolutely amazing.
I'd like to mention an application I've found very useful for my eyes. It's called "f.lux" and it sort of tints your monitor so that it's less of a harsh bright white. It can take some getting used to but I find my eyes feel less strained after using it.
However, it is a bad idea to use it while photoediting. Everything turns out looking really "retro." I've also been messing around with vectors on Adobe and it's quite a learning experience. Sometimes I wish I brought my tablet. It just makes things so much easier than using a trackpad or a mouse.
—V
No comments:
Post a Comment