Sunday, 24 November 2013

Project 2 musings: fractal

It's been a really busy time but I figured I should probably get started on the second project due in less than a week.

I spent four hours working on the fractal.rkt and took a really long time trying to figure out the definition. I checked and rechecked the bullseye fractal we looked at during lecture as a basis on how the fractal is supposed to look like, but in this one there were two variables: depth and radius.

The recursion itself wasn't too difficult to figure out since I had a reference and the 'else' for the condition was fairly straightforward. However, it was really confusing for me to figure out how to manipulate just the depth or just the radius.

Eventually I passed both tests for the definition of 'eyes'.

I thought the next part would be slightly easier since it was just creating conditions on what happens when each key is pressed and I thought it would be fine since I already figured out how to manipulate each variable... but I have yet to make it work.

—V

No comments:

Post a Comment